A business website is a great way for companies or businesses to expand their reach. In the modern business world, a business website acts as an online touchpoint for potential customers. It provides information on products and services on offer to prospective buyers. A good business website is more than just an online brochure. A fully functional website allows a business to interact directly with its customers on a regular basis.
You’ve decided to build your own website, but are you sure you’re doing it correctly? Building a website can feel like a complicated challenge if you don’t know what to do. A poorly-designed website won’t convert well and will put off potential customers, while a well-designed one can be the first step towards becoming successful in your industry. If you want to make sure your site doesn’t become another statistic, follow these five different ways your website can help your business succeed.
1) Improve Conversion Rates
Whether you’re running an e-commerce site or a full-fledged business, you should be looking for ways to improve your conversion rates. This means that instead of signing up for a newsletter and then leaving, website visitors need to stay engaged and do something—anything—that will help your business.
2) Increase Brand Awareness
By having a presence on a search engine, people will be able to find your website and learn more about you and your company. Establishing yourself as an expert in your industry will lead to increased brand awareness. When you’re considered a leader in your field, people are more likely to trust you and purchase your products or services.
3) Enhance Customer Service
It’s no secret that providing good customer service is essential to building a strong company. And what better way to show your customers you care than by creating a user-friendly, helpful website? A well-designed, easy-to-navigate site helps your customers easily find their way around, which makes them more likely to revisit.
4) Provide Resources
There are a number of different ways a website can help your business, including increasing traffic, decreasing overhead costs, and increasing customer loyalty. Make sure to plan ahead and pick a strategy that suits your business’s needs.
5) Create Lead Generation Opportunities
It’s not enough to have a beautiful, user-friendly website anymore. In order to stay relevant and profitable, your business needs to be able to convert site visitors into customers and generate leads. If you haven’t already, it might be time for you or your agency to consider creating lead generation opportunities on your website. Here are some of the ways that websites can help businesses generate leads.
- A prominent homepage form Many landing pages feature a homepage form at the top of their design—an excellent way to capture contact information quickly from users who don’t even realize they are engaging with an online form.
- Personalized opt-in forms When you combine custom fields with targeted content—such as by offering personalized content based on an email address—you create an opportunity for people to engage in lead gen without ever realizing they’re opting in to receive emails.
- Live chat adds a human element to your website and offers visitors a quick and easy way to interact with someone who can answer their questions right away—no waiting on hold or hitting send on an email that may not be read for days.
- Social media sharing tools Social media is a great tool for lead generation—especially when you offer your customers a quick and easy way to share content with their followers on all of their favorite social networks.
- White paper downloads If you have any sort of expertise or insight to share, creating a downloadable white paper is an excellent way to add value to your business’s website without requiring an in-depth sales pitch from your team.